GLOCK Operator Course (2 Days)
Increase your knowledge and skills with your GLOCK.
This training course is designed and intended for public safety professionals who have successfully completed a basic pistol course and want to improve their skills. This course is not recommended for those who have not attended official training programs. This course is a dynamic shooting course that requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, shoot on the move, move into and recover quickly from kneeling and prone positions.
- Length: 16 Hours (2 Days)
- Class Hours: 8am-5pm each day
- Certificate issued upon successful completion
- REQUIRED EQUIPMENT
- SAFETY BRIEF
- RANGE PROCEDURES AND COMMANDS
- NOMENCLATURE OF THE PISTOL
- DRY PRACTICE
- PRESENTATION OF THE PISTOL
- THE FUNDAMENTALS OF MARKSMANSHIP
- MANIPULATION OF THE GLOCK PISTOL
- READY POSITIONS
- TARGET ENGAGEMENTS
- SHOOTING ON THE MOVE
Required Prerequisites and Student Equipment
- To be eligible to take the GLOCK Operator Course, you must meet one of the following requirements:
Active/Retired law enforcement / Military, Private security, possess a current Concealed Carry Permit
from your state, or provide a Statement of NO Criminal History from a Law Enforcement agency.
- GLOCK pistol with no modification other than sights or external cosmetics (Pistols with modifications that could render the pistol less safe than it was originally produced are not allowed)
- A strong side, belt supported holster which covers the trigger and trigger guard (Duty holsters are highly encouraged, but not required)
- Magazine carrier(s) with or without flaps, capable of carrying two magazines
- Minimum of 3 magazines
- Belt capable of supporting the weight of the holster, pistol, and magazines
- Eye protection, hearing protection, and a hat or ball cap with a brim or bill (to prevent fired cases from landing behind the shooters glasses)
- 1,000 rounds of factory loaded ammunition of the proper caliber (NO RELOADS)
- 10 dummy rounds
If this will be your first time shooting at Hobbs Island Shooting Range, you must sign a waiver before your visit. This must be done online by following the appropriate link for either an adult waiver or a child waiver. The link will open a new tab when selected.