Sheepdog Response Trauma Response Course
Sheepdog Response’s Trauma Response Course was developed by their team of experts. They spend a lot of time on scenarios and training under stress. This course is 2 full days (16 hours).
Learn how to properly apply a tourniquet, pack a wound, use an Israeli pressure dressing, and much, much more. They bring you their years of experience on the battlefield as well as here inside the United States treating trauma patients. Some of the scenarios for this course will be heavily based on active shooter situations, including school shootings.
Who This Course Is For
This course is open to anyone. No experience is necessary, and no medical equipment is required for this course. All training gear will be provided to you during the course. Get some of the best hands-on training in the world. This course is heavily based on hands-on, real-world training scenarios.
When & Where:
March 20th-21st, 2024
8:00 am – 5:30 pm Both Days
Hobbs Island Shooting Range,3682 Hobbs Island Road
Huntsville, Alabama 35803
Topics Will Include
- Situational Awareness
- Response to an active shooter situation
- Breakdown and usage of IFAK (Individual 1st Aid Kits)
- Basic 1st Aid and Advanced Trauma wound care
- Application of Gauze & Israeli Bandages, as well as Hemostatic Agents
- Moving and positioning victims with injuries
- Proper use of cover, and cover vs. concealment
- Casualty recovery in Active Shooter Situations
- Mass casualty triage procedures and trauma scene management
- Hemorrhage control, Hemorrhagic Shock
- Airway, Breathing, and Circulation, as well as managing the airway
- Head Trauma
- Document Care
Clothing & Gear Required
- 2 pairs of durable pants and comfortable/durable shirts
- Rain Jacket – the event will go forward regardless of weather
- Baseball cap or another hat with brim
- Notebook and Pen
- Our lunch breaks will be short, so you might want to bring MREs, “sack lunches” or something that you can carry with you that does not require any preparation
- Bring any other snacks you desire
- Bring some bottles of water or a refillable container to stay hydrated during the training days
- Please, do not drink alcohol the day/night before training, or during the course in between classes.
If this will be your first time shooting at Hobbs Island Shooting Range, you must sign a waiver before your visit. This must be done online by following the appropriate link for either an adult waiver or a child waiver. The link will open a new tab when selected.