2-Day Carbine with Steve “Yeti” Fisher
This 2 day course expands on the 1 day version of the Carbine Diagnostic course to include more drills and skills on use of the carbine. Including positional work, shooting on the move, and various other exercises to get the shooter to explore the capabilities and abilities of the gear they chose and themselves.
THIS COURSE WILL THOROUGHLY COVER
- Safety brief & medical plan
- Different optics and accessories
- Effective shooting stance
- Proper weapon grip
- Recoil control
- Timed graded quals and drills
- Sight picture red dots and LPVO optics
- Proper zero and confirmation of them. (range dependent on distance)
- Use of the sling for supported shooting
- Use of body supported shooting positions
- Trigger control
- Malfunctions clearing
- Different shooting positions
- Carbine ready positions
- and more…
- A functional and practical carbine (AK variants and AR type pistols allowed)
- If available, a spare carbine is also an excellent idea
- Ammunition: 400 rounds minimum for 1 day courses. 800 rounds minimum for 2 day courses. (extra is always a good thing)
- Electronic hearing protection is preferred
- Wrap around style eye protection
- A billed ball cap
- Sling (optional)
- IFAK and/or tourniquet is REQUIRED
- Food and water/energy drinks for the day (plan on staying at the range to eat as we do not take hour lunch breaks; 30 min max)
- PLEASE ARRIVE TO CLASS WITH MAGAZINES ALREADY LOADED
- Individual first aid kit and tourniquet
REGISTRATION POLICIES & TERMS
STRICT NO VIDEO POLICY! YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE COURSE!
Refunds will be issued if Sentinel Concepts cancels the course – No Exceptions.
If you can not attend the class you registered for due to work, family, or medical reasons we will make all attempts to get you into a class within one calendar year of the original class date.
Range fees due at time of class. Please be prepared to pay these fees day of.
If this will be your first time shooting at Hobbs Island Shooting Range, you must sign a waiver before your visit. This must be done online by following the appropriate link for either an adult waiver or a child waiver. The link will open a new tab when selected.